Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Walk Humbly

Confession time:  Sometimes I get too big for my own britches, or, er, petticoat.  Sometimes I am loud and arrogant and just plain ridiculous.  Sometimes I embarrass myself.

Today I am thankful that God slows me down and allows me to be humbled... in flubbed speeches, in over-extended calendars, in the little trip that happens when I run too far ahead.  My God wants me to be HIS creation, HIS best, not my best (which is a contradiction in terms!).  He allows me the freedom to learn and grow and reflect as the very best Father would: He allows me my prideful mistakes.  These are hard lessons, indeed.

Today I am thankful for the loving and open arms of my Father as I run back, bruised and humbled.  He opens His Word to me, showing me the right path.  He allows me the grace of a new day to walk humbly with Him.

Today I am thankful to a family member who brought this wonderful verse, one of my favorites, to mind:
 He has shown all you people what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy 
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 
 
Humpback Rocks Mountain Farm, milepost 5.8, Blue Ridge Parkway 

No comments: