Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Sunny Day

Long, cold winter.  Lots of flannel.  Many layers of Icelandic wool blankets.  Garden beds covered in snow and leaves.  Bbbrrrrrrrrrr!


But over the last few days, the weather has changed.  The skies have gotten brighter.  The breezes have become milder.  And today... today was warm and sunny and PERFECT for gardening!  Spent the afternoon weeding the vegetable garden beds and soaking up some sunny warmth.  Husband discovered beautifully aged compost in the bin, complete with a healthy, growing community of worms.  He dressed the weeded beds with the rich compost before coming inside.

One sunny day has brought such renewal and refreshment, and I am thanking the Lord for it... have you felt the warming earth in your hands yet?

1 comment:

Tidy Brown Wren said...

As I puttered around my garden this week, I knew you'd be in your garden too. I was almost giddy with excitement as my bare arms soaked in the sunshine.