Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Monday, November 21, 2011

Counting on...

Oh, the gifts!  Autumn joys and twinklings of light and smiling love.  In the midst of pain and loss, so very many gifts arrive to restore me.  Thank You, precious Lord!

- my heartbeat, my love, my umbrella shielding me from the worst of the storm

- so many to-doings keeping me busy

- stuffed acorn squash

- photos, windows into each memory

- the truest care from the truest friends

- turkey, a glorious bird from a sweet local farm family, a bird that was nurtured and not manufactured

- cinnamon ornaments filling our home with a wonderful aroma

- preparing our hearts, anticipating His arrival

- blue skies and fiery leaves

- waking rested and smiling for the first time in a long time

- a set-aside day for giving thanks... a whole day just for counting the gifts... a whole day to offer up gratitude to the God of gifts

No comments: