Then I started to count. Not 'sheep'. Not 'things to do'.
The gifts. The generous gifts, the abundant gifts, the take-my-breath-away gifts, the tiniest of gifts, the hard gifts, the gifts I never expected.
And the greatest of them is Jesus.
Today I give thanks for...
- a husband working tirelessly on his days off to finish for me a dream on a piece of paper
- a church family showing such love that it overwhelms me
- work for both hands (and a few of my toes!) to keep me busy serving instead of busy grieving
- abundant food... so much that I have to think about what I 'feel like eating'
- clean water
- friends lifting me in prayer
- friends holding my hand and hugging my neck
- friends reminding me of His faithfulness
- friends delighting with me over the small gifts
- Christmas joy and wonder and awe
- moments of peace to ponder God's amazing gift
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15