Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My experience with Library IMing

I was so excited... it was 4:09pm on a Tuesday... the VBPL IM site should be ready for me. I followed the link. I watched the window open. I waited with itchy fingers to type my burning question into the chat box and hit "send". But, oh, the disappointment of it all. VBPL was offline and I was instructed to leave a message. Bummer. This service would be great if it were there as advertised. I have heard other staff members talking about using this service, however. It seemed to work fine for them. Although my co-worker was told by the IM staffer, "We'll have to get back to you by e-mail with that answer." My co-worker then instructed the IM staffer how to give the correct answer, should the same question be posed by another curious IMer.

No comments: