Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Garden Update...

What a lovely Spring day!  I promised to keep you updated on our garden progress, and I'm delighted that you've stopped by to take a peek.  Just come through the gate on the south side of the house...
I know it still needs a lot of tender loving care, but my sweet husband has been so kind to help me realize this little vision.  There are the six raised beds with tomatoes, tomatillo, peppers, swiss chard, kale, radish, peas, eggplant, yellow squash, onions, garlic, celery, borage, cilantro, and marigold.   We'll be adding cucumbers, zucchini, and sunflowers very soon. 


There are a couple of baby blueberry plants under the star on the shed, and a couple of asparagus plants (we've had a few spears already!) near the house.  The trusty composter, a gift from a special friend, is cooking nicely.  We've added a bee house to the shed to shelter our dear pollinators, and we have a garden of their favorite plants just outside the white fence: bee balm, butterfly bush, lamb's ear, purple coneflower, black eyed Susan, daisy and a wonderfully gnarled vitex!



It's such a warm and beautiful afternoon... won't you join me for a cup of tea?  Have a seat and I'll bring it right out...
I'm so glad you came for a visit!  

This is the day the Lord has made...

I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Tidy Brown Wren said...

I'd love to have a cup of tea in your garden!

livinginbetween said...

Oh, I'd like to come. And think of all that yummy-in-waiting!