Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My new job...

God is good.  All the time. 

Even when you think you are losing a job you ADORE and coworkers who have supported and loved you through the worst of the worst times.  Even when you think your husband will expire thinking of the loss of your paycheck and the size of the payment on that Jeep Commander you drive.  Even when you have NO IDEA where you'll land and what you'll do.

God is good.  All the time.

I really do love my new job.  I haven't even really gotten my feet wet yet.  I haven't answered all the questions nor learned all the procedures nor added to the resources available.  But I see what He's doing:  He's growing me.  He's somehow taken the haphazard set of skills I've acquired and cobbled them together and given me an opportunity for a faith-leap. 

God is good.  All the time.

So, I've lept, full of faith and excited for the freefall into His goodness and provision. 

Deep in prayer & thought, building a display of resources for the Presbytery meeting

Many are the plans in a man's heart, 
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:21

4 comments:

Tidy Brown Wren said...

My Bible study today was about obeyng God's direction even when it takes us out of our comfort zone. Isn't it wonderful that when we are out of our comfort zone that's when He alone is our comfort!

Lorie said...

His leading is perfect. We only need to listen and obey. He knows exactly what we need and when. That we must rest on. Enjoy the job He has provided.
Blessings to you this Wednesday,
Lorie

The homesteadingcottage said...

He really does know what He's doing, huh (: I love it when we think things are a mess and we don't know what comes next, those are the times when that faith muscle grows. I'm going through that myself...knowing God is pointing me in one direction and having no idea how the pieces will come together. But I can see and feel the growing and so I just take a deep breath and put one foot in front of the other knowing He'll catch me if I fall (:

Tonya Gunn said...

There is a song that a local gospel group sings - God is Good All the Time - and your post got me singing it again - I hope it sticks in my head all day.
Best wishes,Tonya