Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Friday, July 9, 2010

forty-seven


How can it be... I was just a little girl a few days ago, riding in the truck beside my Daddy eating bologna and cheese and crackers, grinning from ear to ear.

How can it be... I was just a young wife and new mother yesterday, watching my Mom cry at the sight of my precious child.

How can it be... I was just holding that handsome, young sailor, home from sea, two little ones wrapped around his legs, only hours ago.

How can it be... that my Lord loves me so unconditionally, so tenderly, so faithfully, that He's allowed me forty-seven years along this journey of living, learning, laughter, and loss... He's allowed me forty-seven years to seek Him and find Him and know Him... He's allowed me to feel His presence close by when the dark days seemed never-ending and when the dawn broke pink and fresh and hopeful.

How can it be... that there are unknown days ahead to deepen my love for my Lord, my family, this life and the one to come.

My bag is packed, I've got my walking shoes on... I'm taking the first step into the next forty-seven years...

Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
   Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
Psalm 143:8

2 comments:

Tidy Brown Wren said...

Happy, happy birthday my friend.

The Cottage Girl said...

You are a blessing and an inspiration to so many! Wishing you a very happy birthday and another wonderful year!