Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Monday, May 7, 2012

The gift of friendship...

My life is richly blessed by friends.  Some I haven't seen in years.  Some I see nearly every day.  Some are 'church friends'.  Some are friends from different jobs I've had. 

But one friend has seen me at my very worst.  He and his wife have loved me through numerous illnesses, through the deaths of both of my parents, through the days when I should be where other people are not.  He held me up when I was weak and hugged me when I was lonely.  He guided me in grace when I wanted to judge. 

These last few days have been spent saying goodbye to this treasured friend.  It has been a great gift and a true joy to be with him and his family during these days. 

Dennis, you are loved and you will be missed. 
Drink long and deep the living waters, my friend...
Dennis Stanberry



3 comments:

Riley Hensly said...

Couldn’t think of a better picture to post Donna Rae. Dennis always exuded positive energy, and those Hawaiian shirts best suited his personality. He always had a smile on his face and if you weren’t smiling before you talked to him, you always left smiling afterwards. We’re the fortunate ones to have known him.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Donna, What a wonderful tribute to such a beloved Christian man. Dennis was always up-beat & so friendly to everyone. Yes, he is missed by us, but to quote another lovely person in my family when she lost a son, "Heaven is just a little sweeter today."
Love, Carolyn Knowles

wagodan said...

Thank you, Donna, for sharing this action photo. It truly typifies my memories of Dennis.