Flannel Jammies Farm

...praising God on our 1/5 acre of suburbia

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Let me tell you

Come and listen, all you who fear God,

and I will tell you what he did for me.

Psalm 66:16 


when I am happy, my God has given me reason to rejoice
when I am sad, my God comforts me
when I am with friends, my God is in the midst
when I am lonely, my God is by my side
when I am traveling, my God keeps me safe
when I am at home, my God gives me quiet peace
when I am well, my God gives me work for my hands
when I am ill, my God bids me to come aside for a while to heal

These have been the days of my life.  A God of faithfulness always by my side.  Psalm 66:16 is a verse I have unwittingly used so many times.  After surgeries, to amazed doctors and nurses, I have said, "You don't know the numbers of people praying for me.  Let me tell you how good my God is!"  When new friends learn of some challenge I have faced and overcome, I have said, "My God saved me!"  As loved ones have hurt and cried out, I've said, "I have been there.  God was there, too, and He's here for you!  Here's how He showed me His love!"

Tell your story...  tell of His goodness and love... someone is waiting to hear what your God has done for you. 


No comments: