Recently a friend offered a SWEET (I mean, totally syrupy!) deal on the Vitamix in her cabinet that she never used. YES! At last, a Vitamix on my counter! And today, this sweet machine made the most luscious creation for two: the Kale & Pear Smoothie!
It all started when I was in the garden and looking at the beautiful kale growing in the sun. Surely someone has a kale smoothie recipe, right? And there it was, on the Vitamix website!
We loaded all the ingredients into the Vitamix, in the order listed. So pretty!
And turned it on, slowly increasing the speed and then switching it to HIGH for about 45 seconds...
And there it was, vibrant and green and oh-so-delicious! Happy Breakfast, everyone!
Kale and Pear Green Smoothie
- 1 cup (160 g) green grapes
- 1 (140 g) orange, peeled
- 1/2 (89 g) Bartlett pear, seeded
- 1 (118 g) fresh banana, peeled
- 1 cup (70 g) kale
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.